Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Traveling Apron begins at A.G Thompson House

It all began one beautiful day as I traveled north
to Duluth, Minnesota to interview local Bed and Breakfasts
for a blog about staycations. I had had an epiphany that I had
been to many around the USA but had seen very few in my backyard.
I was so impressed with what I found
















My first stop was  A.G Thomson House, nestled high above
Lake Superior, in the heart of Duluth's Mansion district.
First impressions, they say, are upmost important and this
stunning, statuesque Bed and Breakfast did not disappoint.















It was framed by award winning gardens and large pines
that welcomed you to the entrance to this 7 room B & B.
I was aware that A.G Thomson was award winning
and so it should be.  It was regal in its presentation and so welcoming.
The outside was an tranquil as the interior.
From the Gazebo to the private trail in the back. You are still in the
city but the feel is like a private Chateau.















The richness of the rooms were  made more personal by the warm greeting
by the Owner/Innkeepers. For seven years they had shared their inn with the guests
that visit the North Shore,
The aroma of breakfast was still lingering as I entered and as I was shown around,
 elegance, warmth and tender loving care were the feelings that came mind.
But it also had a touch of hip, fresh and Nauti...
Including the detached Lake Superior Suite for that private get away















If you are in the North Shore this summer and lucky enough to
book a room that this regal, historical Bed and Breakfast, you are
in luck.From the beautiful homemade full course breakfast
 to the cozy romantic rooms A.G Thomson will be a yearly staycation.

On my drive home, my thoughts wandered - as it often does-
What about other places that people don't know about-
Amazing Inn's and B&B that are off the beaten path. I decided that I would
bring them to you and so from that I created
MY TRAVELING APRON to enhance, encourage and enlighten
the public on the merits of staying in these beautiful homes and
being welcomed by incredible Innkeepers.
















And so my travel begins and in order to fund it I have set up a
KICKSTARTER project that will extend my current tour that begins
today. More to Follow  Please check it out

There are many more beautiful places just like A.G Thomson
they just need to be discovered and shared with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment