Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nooks and Books

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” Anna Quindlen

This winter brought cold and snow,
and many opportunities to snuggle up
with a cup of Glitter Tea  to catch up
on the books and 3 captivating, independent
bookstores that I happily got lost in this past year.


While Innsitting in the Berkshires, I had time to exploreManchester Vt . 
I stopped for a coffee- I know that doesn't
surprise anyone who knows me and discovered
 an Indie legend of a bookstore. 
With floors of books, hand written reviews, a vast selection for all interests, I was in book heaven.
The Northshire Bookstore is filled with nooks and crannies to lose yourself in,grab a book, browse and drink your coffee in the comfort of an old stuffed chair.

Picking a local book is always a must and this one did not disappoint.
A true story of love, cooking and sailing in and around
Desert Island, Maine
Frankie's Place A Love Story
Frankie's Place: A Love Story

December took me 30 miles out to sea
Nantucket. Christmas Stroll, carolers and
Yes... Bookstores.
Snow framed windows lit with christmas lights.
Local books by local authors and a selection of books
that light up every readers eyes with wonderment.
Nantucket Bookworks and Mitchells Book Corner
are places not to be missed on this faraway Island.















Many books were purchased, but this one captivated
my interest. It focused on historical Nantucket and a strong heroine, who not only charts comets but her own life.
Inspired by Maria Mitchell

The Movement of Stars
The Movement of Stars



And then right back in my neighborhood, an evening walk around the lake isn't complete with out a stop at the very kid centered Wild Rumpus.


The staff consists of humans, 3 cats, beautiful chickens that roam the store,ferrets and of course the spooky section where the glass floor lets you see the pet rats that live below.
Complete with a canoe overhead, fish aquarium in the bathroom, this comfy store had this darling book that I fell in love with.
For the kid (or Adult) that wants to just play in the Puddles

Where My Wellies Take Me

Where My Wellies Take Me


No matter where your adventures take you.
Take time to browse the local bookstore
Pull up a comfy couch and get lost in a beautiful
story. 







No comments:

Post a Comment