Thursday, May 9, 2013

To Be a Spectator

Lest we not forget. 



















Earlier this week , I went to purchase a Boston Strong T-Shirt
I was told by the salesperson that they were not
going to carry them because the 
Urgency would be over soon.
I know that to not be true..

As I opened my FB today, I noticed a letter
that touched me and was written from the heart.

Went for my weekly long run this morning on tired legs. I was thinking they are never anything but tired for the IM marathon, so just run. As I was sort of feeling sorry for myself, my mind wandered to the victims of the Boston bombing. The part that has touched me so deeply is that most victims, if not all were spectators, supporters of runners. I have always felt that watching is such a thankless job. They are out there in the cold, rain,sun, wind for hours on end to catch a glimpse of their friend, spouse, mom, etc..who happens to be in the areana that day. I have a friend who I have know now for almst 40 years..we met at 18 in college. She has watched and cheered me at stadiums, on long lonely roads, and finish lines. She has stood in the rain for who knows how many hours cheerin...g. She is happy in victories, optimistic for the future in defeats, has helped heal me when broken..both physically and mentally. She is the one person who will always be there to support. She is just like those poor victims dead or in hospitals in Boston..they were there to support their runners. I just feel so bad for them and the challenges they are facing becasue of random evil. So maybe give an extra hug or glass of wine to your main supporter today. While we choose to enter the arena, they are the ones with real endurance.. to stick by us all those years, decades..I guess until the day comes when we cannot compete anymore, and then they will still be there















Being Brian"s athletic supporter for over 40 Years 
has been an honor . Thru College, Pro Football
countless marathons and now Ironman

My heart and thoughts go many times a day to the 
Victims
They were there to Just be a Spectator, 
They have now begun their own marathon of healing
In fact we are at sometimes on the same road,whether we are running or watching
Cheering or struggling
Progressing to the finish line
Make sure you keep your supporters in your thoughts
They will carry you over the finish line.













Thank You Brian for your words of Love today.








No comments:

Post a Comment